To frame our individual research areas we would like to offer the following key words...

ALEXANDRA MAZUR-KNYAZEVA: Fire - Emotion - Destruction

KIM NORTON: Space - Site - Memories

MICHELLE DOUEK: Textile - Industrial - Perception

MINHYUNG LEE: Texture - Tradition - Skin

NAOMI BAILEY: Audacious - Mark - Movement

Friday 19 February 2010

Fire-Emotion-Distruction

Hello!
This week was so exciting because I finally made a small fire!
This was the first chance to see how different shapes I was making during this time react with the fire!
Experiments you can see here was made to help me understand how fire can naturally "draw" on clay. How the carbon and soot changes the colour of clay and how can I use it for fireplaces. One more question is how different shapes of clay can form the fire and change its behaviour.
Here are some of my experiments:


just me working :)
and this is absolutely gorgeous "fire" drawings in my opinion:

Waiting for your response!

2 comments:

anna mamaladze said...

HI!
your idea looks very interesting
I can't take my eyes from the fist picture you have
it looks fantastic!
this might get you to a very amusing ideas

Central Saint Martins MA Design; ceramic research at the Victoria and Albert Museum said...

Hi!
Thank you!
Execetly with ceramic texture from the first photo I am working now)
I really like how the fire comes from this spores, like from nowhere..and how this texture covering with the carbon...Lots of points to think about!

Post a Comment